Content localization is crucial for organizations to enter new markets given the expanding size in which they operate. It facilitates the development of a relationship with your audience, which in turn promotes higher conversion rates and levels of brand loyalty.
A well-planned localization strategy can aid in the success of a company’s expansion. But before implementing content localization, these are 5 crucial points you need to know:
01: Choose and understand the target market
● Choose your target market based on your needs and business potential
● Conduct thorough market research to know your customer’s preferences, behavior characteristics, cultural aspects, etc
● Take a look at the strategies used by your competitors or other international brands
This can provide a clear picture of what is acceptable, what language to use, and what type of content not only attracts but also resonates with the audience.
02: Plan the content to be localized
Determine what content you want to localize for your new audience after deciding who to target. Everything is localizable, including websites, apps, and social media posts.
It can include:
● Product/services description content
● website and in-app content
● legal documents, financial records, technical content
● Product-specific instructions, documentation, manuals, or guides
● Training videos, how-to guides, demos
● Marketing campaigns, advertisements, landing pages
03: Have a core team
Form a focused team for your content localization. Hiring professionals who are well-versed in the culture and language of your target market.
Your team should include:
● Subject matter experts
● Country managers
● Marketing specialists
● Legal advisors
● Sales Executives
04: Have a Translation Management System that helps to:
You’ll need to invest in software to support the localization of your content. Your localization process will be streamlined by a good TMS, making translations, content updates, getting reports, and publishing simple.
● Automate the process
● helps to allocate work
● Allows to build glossaries
● has translation memory
● should be cloud-based
● Allows to monitor the progress
● Generates reports
05: Scrutinize before publishing:
For you to have accurate and contextually relevant content, proofreading should be a crucial step in your localization process. Prior to exporting the localized strings, proofread them and ensure to work with experts who are aware of all the technical as well as legal compliances of the target market.
● Check every aspect of the content
● Team up with experts to proofread
● Ensure the content fits all standards
● Check if the content complies with all legal requirements
These are some critical checkpoints that will help you to build a strategic content localization plan